Monday, August 28, 2017

Target....



So today I went to Target and... It has begun!

I stumbled through the aisles, searching for some kind of nutritious snack to get me through the mid-afternoon slumps, when I stumbled upon a glorious sight that filled my eyes with joyous tears and caused an audible sigh to be flung from my throat with the force of the old model rockets I used to build in 4-H*.

That's right, they were putting out the Halloween stuff! 

Now much has been said about fabrics stores and craft nooks, but they are expected to get on the holiday ball way before most people are ready. But when a big box retailer like Target starts to put out their stock, you know the season is here! 


 Now I know that the dude above looks like some Halloween ghoul or werewolf mannequin, but it's not. It's just some stock-boy doing his job. And what a job! 

Look at these fun boxes he gets to unpack!



The displays may only be a quarter full, but that was plenty enough for me to get a good feeling about this years' selection. On the top row of this rack was the Halloween Cadbury eggs that everyone has been spotting.


This rack has several types of candy corn, including an apple mix that has pie, cider and caramel apples amongst others.


The novelty selection hasn't quite filled in yet, and even though most items are repeats of last year, I'm still digging the gummy eyeball ice cube trays and the blue Frankenstein monster Chupa Chups.



These cheery jack o-cheese puffs were just grinning at me as if to say, "Yo, eat me." 

I just might, jack, I just might... 


One of my favorite sections is always the baking supplies. I don't know why. There is just always something so festive about the thought of making tons of decorated Halloween health destroyers and then gobbling them down as I bask in the blue flickering glow of Halloween 3: Season of the Witch. 

For some reason, I always am compelled to buy a package of those meringue pumpkin cupcake toppers and then eat the whole thing. That's right, I peel the egg white and sugar treats off the package and don't even wait for the cupcakes.**

Sometimes I put them face-down on my tongue and they leave a nifty little jack o' lantern tattoo***. 


So, here was something new to me. It's the Reese's Pieces Pumpkin Face Cookie Pizza. How could I not get that, huh? I don't even know what flavor of cookie it is, but there was no way I wasn't gonna partake. 

Come to think of it, I have to have that Haunted House Cookie Kit next to it, as well.


Oh, and I might have bought the caramel bits and pumpkin spice morsels, too, but I'll never tell, because I'm slightly ashamed at my excess... 


I did purchase a bag of Haribo Ghostly Gummies, mostly because I love gummies**** and why wouldn't I buy Halloween themed gummies?


When I got to the car, I eagerly ripped them open. Nutrition be darned, I wanted a bunch of candy.

The first thing I love about these is the vampire bear, holding an extra sprouty jack o' lantern.

The next thing to love are the shapes. There's a bat, a pumpkin, a skull, and a full skeleton.


I'm not sure why the bony members of our family get the most love, but either way, there's a lot to love, here.


 Each color was a different flavor. Grape, cherry, orange, and lemon are the palate pleasing choices, and none of them disappointed.

 And look at this detail. They actually sculpted the webbing in the bat wings.

 And you can practically count the ribs in the skeleton. The skull below looks like a reject from the One-eyed Willy concept art department. He practically looks like he's screaming at the concept of being bitten into pieces. Either that, or he's incredibly alarmed at all the warning lights that are glowing on my instrument panel.


All in all, I'd say that this is a fantastic beginning to Target's marvelous goodies and I can not wait to see what they have up their sleeves, next.

I'll end this by the pic below. You know it's gonna be a good year when even pedestrian medical equipment want in on the Halloween act. Spooky Craft Ideas, indeed... 




* yeah, I used to be in 4-H. I even know the pledge. I was a real cool kid.
** don't judge
*** you know you're gonna try this
****yes, I know what they are made of. I like horse hooves...

No comments:

Post a Comment