Saturday, July 22, 2017

Welcome, Foolish Mortals








Well hello, there.

If you've found this blog, chances are, you are a huge Halloween fan. But you don't have to be. Maybe you're just interested in a party playlist. Maybe you are fascinated by spooky tunes and forgotten horrors. Maybe you're just monster-curious.

Whatever the reason you have come here, please allow me the indulgence of explaining the purpose behind this tiny site.

Growing up in the midwest, Autumn was a special time of year for me. I have always loved changing leaves, spooky night breezes, and things flying across the harvest moon. I have also loved holidays. For me, nothing represents a holiday better than its food and music.

Most of the other holidays (I'm looking at you, Christmas), have their own culture of food and music. But in years past, Halloween has been regulated to The Monster Mash and Purple People Eater.

Now, there's nothing wrong with those songs. In fact, they are on practically every Halloween playlist, and with good reason. But there has to be other songs, right? In fact, if you even remotely enjoy Halloween, you probably are, right this very second, thinking of a dozen other songs that fit in with the mood and festivity of the season.

But there are literally hundreds of songs that are "Halloweeny" in nature. We're going to explore those, and hopefully introduce you to tons of great music that will add to the atmosphere of any Halloween get-together. Hopefully, some of these songs will not just be relegated to September and October. I know that lots of these tunes regularly appear on my playlists, year-round.

I will provide appropriate links and downloads, where available.

In addition to music, we will discuss food, movies, and any other spooky thing that might strike my fancy. Normal updates will be about once a week.

This year we will have a Halloween Countdown that will start sometime in August and continue with almost daily updates through the Halloween season.

Alright. enough of this nonsense. I'll leave you with a tune sung by Mr. Halloween, himself - Tim Curry. What's your favorite spooky tune? What would you like to see me cover? Sound off in the comments below.

Oh, and look for me on my other blog: www.nostalgicdaydream.com

Stay Chilly,

Deigh



No comments:

Post a Comment